Aera Technology, Inc. Privacy Notice for California Job Applicants
Effective Date: February 1, 2020
Last Reviewed on: January 30, 2020
This Privacy Notice for California Job Applicants (the “California Applicant Privacy Notice”) applies solely to all job applicants to Aera Technology Inc. (“Aera”) who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this California Addendum to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this California Addendum. If you accept a position with Aera, you will be provided with a privacy notice for employees.
Information We Will Collect
Within the context of your role as a prospective employee, we will collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, we will collect the following categories of personal information from our prospective employees:
Category and Specific Pieces of Personal Information Collected
A. Identifiers. A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address (when you access our network resources), email address, username, or other similar identifiers.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). A name, signature, address, telephone number, education, employment, and employment history. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. Age (40 years or older). NOTE: We require your age to verify your identity and run background checks.
Optional: Race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status. NOTE: This information is completely optional, and we will collect this information only to the extent you choose to provide it in your resume or other public online profiles, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, or other publicly accessible social media or as may be provided by a reference or other third party during reference and background checks.
H. Sensory data. Visual or similar information. We collect this only to the extent provided in your resume or public online profiles, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and other publicly accessible social media. We may also collect this as part of our security monitoring in our facilities if you attend an onsite interview.
I. Professional or employment-related information. Current or past job history.
Personal information does not include certain information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as:
• Publicly available information from government records.
• Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
• Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act(FRCA).
Use of Personal Information
Except as noted below, for each of the categories of personal information listed above, we may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business or commercial purposes:
• recruiting (Categories A, B, C, H, I);
• verifying your information and carrying out employment, background, and reference checks, where applicable, subject to your consent where required by law, and maintaining records on such checks as required by law (Categories A, B, C, I);
• to conduct screening and background and compliance checks and maintaining records on such screening and checks (Categories A, B, C, I);
• to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer a potential partner organization (Categories A, B, I);
• to comply with legal and regulatory requirements (Categories A, B, C, I);
• to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations (Categories A, B, C, H, I);
• maintaining the security and safety of our facilities and personnel (Categories A, B, C, H, I);
• detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity (Categories A, B, C, H, I); and
• as described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA (Categories A, B, C, H, I).
Aera will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Changes to this California Applicant Privacy Notice
Aera reserves the right to amend this California Applicant Privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this California Applicant Privacy Notice, we will notify you regarding the updates through email or paper notices.
If you have any questions or comments about this California Applicant Privacy Notice and the ways in which Aera collects and uses your information described above, please do not hesitate to contact us through the HR Department at Aera Technology, Inc. (firstname.lastname@example.org).